by Marisa Seager
Halloween is the best holiday, and you can’t change my mind. But I will tell you why.
- You have an excuse to eat candy, and lots of it. If you feel that you’re too old to trick-or-treat, just buy some candy of your own. This is a good time to stock up on limited-edition candy and to save for times when you miss it most.
- It’s fun to dress up as someone else. Who doesn’t like getting to be someone else for a day?
- Seeing pets in Halloween costumes is undeniably cute. I can’t wait to see what Dr. Martinez-Carrillo’s pups will be wearing this year.
- It takes place during one of the coziest times of the year. The weather is just right and there are more holidays just around the corner.
- Halloween movies are simply the best, whether scary or not. There’s nothing like watching the classics to get into the holiday spirit, or the excitement of new ones.
- Decorations are a must. I just love seeing them everywhere.
- You get to carve pumpkins. One of my favorite Halloween memories is breaking out into a pumpkin gut fight with my family while carving. Let’s just say that my mom wasn’t too happy to deal with the aftermath.
- There are so many fun activities to take part in. There are costume competitions, haunted hayrides, pumpkin patch trips, and more.
- You don’t have to buy any presents for anyone unless you’d like to give someone a themed basket. Halloween has the fun of a holiday without the stress and obligations.
- It’s all voluntary. There aren’t any forced gatherings or trips home, so if you don’t want to participate then you don’t have to.