by Marisa Seager
Most people are pretty quick to say whether or not they are in favor of Valentine’s Day, but most of the time this really just depends on whether or not they are in a relationship. For me, my relationship status doesn’t dictate my stance, but I do feel sort of in-between.
Here are the pros and cons that I’ve come up with for this upcoming day of love.
- Not that you should need any type of excuse to show your love for your significant other, this can be a fun time to do it. This could also be a day for self-love if you want!
- Heart shaped and pink everyday items EVERYWHERE! Don’t even get me started on the kinds of things you can find at the Bullseye’s Playground section at Target.
- The opportunity to have a “Galentine’s Day” with some of your friends.
- Most importantly, the big sale the day after on candies and all kinds of goodies. This is one of my favorite parts of any holiday or season change.
- The feeling of being lonely if you don’t have a valentine. There’s also the possibility that you do have one, but you just can’t spend this day with them.
- Love being commercialized everywhere you look.
- That one song, yeah that one song. You know what I’m talking about.
- The sugar crash for those of you who will be indulging in sweets.
See what I mean? Regardless of whether you’re in a relationship or not, there are definitely the good and bad parts to Valentine’s Day