Written by Zach “I’m No Fashion Expert” Dalton
Autumn is here which means there is a whole new set of fashion. I know what you’re thinking: the gray sweatpants, black sweatshirt, high socks, and run-down sneakers never fail. However, it doesn’t hurt to mix it up to turn some heads. Here are some different items that can be combined together to form the perfect fall outfit.
- These Boots Were Made for Walking- This one I am a little biased on, but I believe the perfect fall shoe is a pair of boots. They are warmer than sneakers, and just give an autumn vibe that can really help your style fall into place.
- This is How We Roll (Our Jeans)- This style will go well with your boots mentioned above. Jeans are a very versatile pair of pants; anyone from cowboys to high class celebrities pair them with most any style. The tactic with jeans and boots is to roll the bottom up twice to where they rest just above your ankles. This style will ~leaf~ just enough room to show off your shoes of choice.
- Flannels, That’s it- There isn’t a whole lot to be said about this style except nothing screams fall like a nice, cozy flannel. You could wear it by itself and button up to rock a lumberjack vibe, or layer it with a t-shirt to give it a more modern aesthetic. Either way, by the end of the season you will be more of a fan-el of the flannel.
- Band T-Shirts Band Together- Something new this season you will notice is a fair amount of band t-shirts. This one does not make as much sense as the others with the weather, but I think it is just a style thing over anything else. Go ahead and pull out those band t-shirts you found at the store and pay homage to the likes of Nirvana, Pink Floyd, or even the Dave Matthews Band. Layering these shirts with the flannel is an advanced maneuver that truly rocks (I know that one was a stretch).
- No Sweat, You Can Still Wear Sweatpants- The saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” applies to fashion too. Sweatpants have quickly gone from those pants you wear after getting home from the Homeplace to high style fashion. As fall progresses, the weather gets chillier, which means you are more inclined to stay warm. Sweatpants offer this luxury and now they can still be stylish too. So, go nuts and wear all the different kinds of sweatpants you want! Just pair them with a sportier style shoe to keep that “athleisure” aesthetic.
It is worth noting that I am not a fashion expert. These are all merely based on my suggestions of what seems to be in style. The most important thing when it comes to fall style, though, is dressing how you want and being comfortable with your choice. At the end of the day, no one has to wear your clothes but you.