Written by Carey Linkous
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I love it even more than Christmas because it’s a beautiful message: being thankful. Even though Thanksgiving is a time for friends and family, we all know that a perfect Thanksgiving is never complete without an assortment of wonderful food! Here are two of my favorite healthy recipes that would be easy and fun for any Friendsgiving!
Recipes can be found on allrecipes.com
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus spears (trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Coat the spears of asparagus in olive oil and then sprinkle with remainder of ingredients. Arrange on a baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
Tip: Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving to add a little bit of zest!
- Salad greens or Spinach
- 1 ½ cups of pecans
- 8 oz. of craisins or raisins
- ½ cup of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- ¼ lb. of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Instructions: Mix greens, pecans, craisins/raisins, and parmesan in a bowl. Coat with balsamic vinaigrette and toss.
Hopefully these two easy dishes will give you some ideas on how to make healthy food this year for the holidays! Have a happy Thanksgiving!