Written by Kaelyn Spickler
I am now freshly 22-year-old, and unless something crazy happens, this is my last semester writing for the Brackety-Ack. 🙁 With that, I decided it would be fun for my final column to be “22 Things…” where I can sometimes share advice, list my favorites, or give some insight.
I had been keeping a running tab on some things I found note-worthy to share leading up to the finale, and despite everything going on with the franchise, I still wanted to share.
- Khayla rode in on a stickshift and had a picnic with Matt on the truck bed on the first night, which he loved, but then we never saw her again until she went home.
- Victoria only thought Marylynn was toxic when Matt presented her with her favorite flower.
- The theory that Victoria was a producer on the show is very convincing.
- The girls are catty and mean.
- This season focused more on the drama than the connections (ex. Sarah got more airtime leading up to her leaving than the one-on-one dates received).
- Katie had the best character development (from “the girl with the vibrator” to an advocate against bullying).
- Matt is a really good listener and says the right things…
- … but he is still learning how relationships “work.”
- Boxing dates should end with this season (quite frankly, they should have ended awhile ago).
- Anna looked like Hannah B.’s twin, but she actually didn’t like the comparison.
- Serena C. wore knee high sparkly boots and got zero credit for that.
- Anna’s only basis for her theory that Brittany was an escort was just based on the fact she “knew a lot of rich men in the city.”
- Magi made it over halfway through the season and received only 10 minutes of total screentime.
- Katie ended up becoming the girl best friend.
- Matt wore a hoodie as opposed to his normal turtle neck sweaters on his dinner date with Jessenia- a sign he wasn’t feeling it anymore.
- Abigail was done really dirty with her breakup and deserves a better explanation at Women Tell All.
- Matt’s “thank you for sharing that” is a giveaway he isn’t feeling it.
- Kit even admitted she tried to give Matt an out by telling him life with her would be “slower progressing” than life with some of the other women…
- …but when he didn’t break up with her, she sent herself home.
- Michelle and Abigail are too good for this franchise.
- These women are successful with great careers (ex. a couple of attorneys, communications manager, financial manager, ICU nurse, etc.), but the show didn’t portray them as successful or empowering.
- Matt was naive to the drama because he hasn’t been a part of the franchise.